
mrajatish
09-02 11:54 AM
Let us restart the Washington state chapter - all interested volunteers, please email me at mrajatish@gmail.com to kickstart the process.
-Raj
-Raj
wallpaper cute friendship quotes
willigetgc?
01-21 01:15 PM
To avoid being like the thread running a few days ago, I don't want to be responding to each response. However, I do want clear a few things:
I am not promoting one parenting technique over the other.
As I said, I agree with a few things and disagree with a few things the author talks about.
Having kids myself, I cannot think of a parent who would do harm to their own child. Each set of parents come with their own parenting skills that works for them and their children. I leave it at that.
I only posted this because my doc asked me of my opinion and I in turn asked the opinion of IV members. If this thread is going to turn ugly, lets stop it, that was not my intention.
I am not promoting one parenting technique over the other.
As I said, I agree with a few things and disagree with a few things the author talks about.
Having kids myself, I cannot think of a parent who would do harm to their own child. Each set of parents come with their own parenting skills that works for them and their children. I leave it at that.
I only posted this because my doc asked me of my opinion and I in turn asked the opinion of IV members. If this thread is going to turn ugly, lets stop it, that was not my intention.
desi3933
07-20 04:31 PM
Can someone advise on this. My 6 yrs of H1 expires in Jan 2008. Employer says they will only apply 90 days prior to H1-b expiration.
They already applied my 485 and AP.
What should I be doing?
1. Can I apply EAD myself?
2. will I get in trouble if I do not have EAD and my H1 expires?
3. Can I move to new employer using AC21 without EAD?
USCIS recommends applying for EAD 6 months in advance.
They already applied my 485 and AP.
What should I be doing?
1. Can I apply EAD myself?
2. will I get in trouble if I do not have EAD and my H1 expires?
3. Can I move to new employer using AC21 without EAD?
USCIS recommends applying for EAD 6 months in advance.
2011 cute friendship sayings and
kondur_007
09-22 09:58 AM
I have a pending I-485 application (EB-3) and effective Oct 1, my PD will be current. My application has been pending for more than six months already so I will be covered by AC21. I never worked for my sponsoring employer but will be as soon as I get my GC.
I have a feeling that my green card is just around the corner. Spoke to my employer yesterday about my employment with them and it looks like they are changing their minds about hiring me.
I am so worried. Anybody in the same situation? What do I do? Will I lose the green card?
Well, you have two options:
1. Use AC 21 (I am assuming your 140 is approved and 485 is filed more than 6 months ago) and move to another employer BEFORE the approval of GC. With this option, neither you nor your employer would have any obligation for the job after GC approval. Your AC 21 employer is now the "new permanent job" for you after GC approval.
2. If you have good terms with the employer, ask them to hire you for at least 1-2 months after GC approval and then "fire" you. This way you would be safe. (it was not your fault but the employer fired you). Also if the employer does not pay salary mentioned in LC, you can leave them giving that reason (save the pay stubs for evidence later on, if asked for).
3. If your employer simply do not offer you a job after the approval of GC, it still would not be yoru fault. In this scenario, likelyhood is that, you will be safe. However, this technically would be a sort of misrepresentation by the employer and on that grould USCIS can revoke your GC saying that "employer falsified the initial job offer and there was really no job ever for the position mentioned on LC". While this is a possibility it is a remote possibility.
I would suggest option 1,2 and 3 in that order as "desirability" of your situation.
Again I am not a lawyer, but this is what I can suggest as far as I know.
Good Luck.
I have a feeling that my green card is just around the corner. Spoke to my employer yesterday about my employment with them and it looks like they are changing their minds about hiring me.
I am so worried. Anybody in the same situation? What do I do? Will I lose the green card?
Well, you have two options:
1. Use AC 21 (I am assuming your 140 is approved and 485 is filed more than 6 months ago) and move to another employer BEFORE the approval of GC. With this option, neither you nor your employer would have any obligation for the job after GC approval. Your AC 21 employer is now the "new permanent job" for you after GC approval.
2. If you have good terms with the employer, ask them to hire you for at least 1-2 months after GC approval and then "fire" you. This way you would be safe. (it was not your fault but the employer fired you). Also if the employer does not pay salary mentioned in LC, you can leave them giving that reason (save the pay stubs for evidence later on, if asked for).
3. If your employer simply do not offer you a job after the approval of GC, it still would not be yoru fault. In this scenario, likelyhood is that, you will be safe. However, this technically would be a sort of misrepresentation by the employer and on that grould USCIS can revoke your GC saying that "employer falsified the initial job offer and there was really no job ever for the position mentioned on LC". While this is a possibility it is a remote possibility.
I would suggest option 1,2 and 3 in that order as "desirability" of your situation.
Again I am not a lawyer, but this is what I can suggest as far as I know.
Good Luck.
more...
ebizash
07-23 12:16 PM
Don't mean to hijack this thread but since my question is related to AP renewal I thought I would. OP if you have problem with this question, let me know and I will delete this post.
I will be applying for AP renewal online for myself and my wife. This will be our 3rd AP (2nd renewal). The only problem is we never received the I-485 physical receipt (we know the LIN no. as well as A#) for her. So far my attorney had been filing the renewals but this time I want to save money and do it myself. I think its kind of stupid to pay 600-800 to attorney for such a simple task.
Has anyone been in this situation? Can anyone suggest, what other document we could use such as copy of prior APs, EADs, FP notices etc?
I will be applying for AP renewal online for myself and my wife. This will be our 3rd AP (2nd renewal). The only problem is we never received the I-485 physical receipt (we know the LIN no. as well as A#) for her. So far my attorney had been filing the renewals but this time I want to save money and do it myself. I think its kind of stupid to pay 600-800 to attorney for such a simple task.
Has anyone been in this situation? Can anyone suggest, what other document we could use such as copy of prior APs, EADs, FP notices etc?

bach007
11-27 01:41 AM
hey dude I hv an appointment on 10 dec as well in Mumbai! Its 10 am. However I wont be able to share acco with you as I will be coming from somewhere else.
Anyway, just finished sorting up all the docs. Good luck to you too. :)
Usually I get my Visa stamped in Chennai. I have enough info to survive in Chennai.
This time it is not going to help much as I am going to Mumbai. It is a pain from the first step. I finally got the appointment for 10th Dec. I have to have some body hand deliver documents there in India..Oh well..
I have the appointment at 9:30 AM and was planning to fly out of Mumbai Airport same day at 1:30 PM. Now it looks very ambitious! What do you think? :confused:
I have no idea about lodging near consulate. I tried my luck near the airport many times. It wasn't pretty.
Any recommendation on Hotels and area near consulate ? I am not going near Five star / Rs 10,000 per day.
I am looking at ~ Rs 2,000 for 7 hours..
Any help is appreciated..:)
Anyway, just finished sorting up all the docs. Good luck to you too. :)
Usually I get my Visa stamped in Chennai. I have enough info to survive in Chennai.
This time it is not going to help much as I am going to Mumbai. It is a pain from the first step. I finally got the appointment for 10th Dec. I have to have some body hand deliver documents there in India..Oh well..
I have the appointment at 9:30 AM and was planning to fly out of Mumbai Airport same day at 1:30 PM. Now it looks very ambitious! What do you think? :confused:
I have no idea about lodging near consulate. I tried my luck near the airport many times. It wasn't pretty.
Any recommendation on Hotels and area near consulate ? I am not going near Five star / Rs 10,000 per day.
I am looking at ~ Rs 2,000 for 7 hours..
Any help is appreciated..:)
more...

keerthi
07-14 08:32 AM
Hello Ruben,
I have forwarded my employer's email to you. Also, I have sent it through this forum's private messaging. Please check and let me know.
Thanks.
I have forwarded my employer's email to you. Also, I have sent it through this forum's private messaging. Please check and let me know.
Thanks.
2010 makeup cute friendship quotes

chanduv23
09-04 04:18 PM
LostInGCProcess, Chanduv23,
Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it.
So, I guess, it is okay to get the H1B "Transferred" and if (god forbid) I-485 gets denied, I can still work till the teneure of H1B and then go home.
Also, if i-140 is revoked , that should trigger NOID or RFE which the lawyer will handle (hopefully successfully).
Once again, Thanks a lot.
Regards.
GCCovet
If 485 gets denied because of 140 revocation after 180 days, it is erroneous and has to be resolved through MTR. H1b is very useful in such cases as you can continue to work while you seek resolution through MTR. If on EAD it gets risky because you cannot work when MTR decision is awaited.
Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it.
So, I guess, it is okay to get the H1B "Transferred" and if (god forbid) I-485 gets denied, I can still work till the teneure of H1B and then go home.
Also, if i-140 is revoked , that should trigger NOID or RFE which the lawyer will handle (hopefully successfully).
Once again, Thanks a lot.
Regards.
GCCovet
If 485 gets denied because of 140 revocation after 180 days, it is erroneous and has to be resolved through MTR. H1b is very useful in such cases as you can continue to work while you seek resolution through MTR. If on EAD it gets risky because you cannot work when MTR decision is awaited.
more...
GCD
07-27 08:37 PM
My lawyer filed the I-485, EAD and AP package for me and my wife. She put a G-28 notice for each application (with our and her signatures). She missed signing the AP G-28 for my wife. I asked her about this. She said it should be fine. They would not consider her notice of representation for this particular case, and would mail the AP approval directly at our home address.
I hope we are fine and our application doesn't get rejected since we had one check for all the applications.
Please reply. Thanks a lot.
I hope we are fine and our application doesn't get rejected since we had one check for all the applications.
Please reply. Thanks a lot.
hair cute quotes for friendship.
somegchuh
11-16 01:13 PM
Guys,
My understanding was that automatic revalidation was stopped a few years ago?
I would say that getting an appointment and a new visa stamp is the safest bet. If that's not a possibility and you have to go, I will suggest travel by road instead of air. From what I have heard they tend to be more lenient when you are driving across.
Do check thoroughly before travelling on an expired visa.
Take Care
Power of internet, thanks for all the input.
That is right my previous I-94 has expired and I should get the latest I-94 as part of new I-797. My US multiple visa expired last August.
My question is thoroughly answered that I could use the "Automatic revalidation rule" to come back into US using my I-94 and I-797.
One more question to the folks who became Canadian PRs. When I exit out
of US can they force me to give up I-94 as I am landing as Canadian PR. In others words,
can they override "Automatic revalidation rule" in this case.
Part of me says they are two different teams one working for US to track I-94
and the other looking for Canadian PR so they can never rationalize this. If they talk then that could be an issue. Isn't that right?
My understanding was that automatic revalidation was stopped a few years ago?
I would say that getting an appointment and a new visa stamp is the safest bet. If that's not a possibility and you have to go, I will suggest travel by road instead of air. From what I have heard they tend to be more lenient when you are driving across.
Do check thoroughly before travelling on an expired visa.
Take Care
Power of internet, thanks for all the input.
That is right my previous I-94 has expired and I should get the latest I-94 as part of new I-797. My US multiple visa expired last August.
My question is thoroughly answered that I could use the "Automatic revalidation rule" to come back into US using my I-94 and I-797.
One more question to the folks who became Canadian PRs. When I exit out
of US can they force me to give up I-94 as I am landing as Canadian PR. In others words,
can they override "Automatic revalidation rule" in this case.
Part of me says they are two different teams one working for US to track I-94
and the other looking for Canadian PR so they can never rationalize this. If they talk then that could be an issue. Isn't that right?
more...

sanju
06-11 11:55 AM
You idiot, this is your third post in last 10 minutes about your deleted post. Big deal! if your question was deleted, or, if you are not able to find your post???
It seems you want others to spoon feed you everything. Stop this bickering and stop complaining. Stop taking offense from nonsensical things, grow-up and look at the bigger picture.
It seems you want others to spoon feed you everything. Stop this bickering and stop complaining. Stop taking offense from nonsensical things, grow-up and look at the bigger picture.
hot cute friendship

kaisersose
08-01 01:29 PM
But dont you guys expect improvement after all this fiasco ?
Do you not agree that INS will learn some lessons from this ?
They certainly have. We will not see dates becoming C ever again.
They may also come up with a new system where the DOS bulletin is only for USCIS use and we will file 485s based on another bulletin released by USCIS, which will be a more accurate reflection of what is happening inside USCIS.
Do you not agree that INS will learn some lessons from this ?
They certainly have. We will not see dates becoming C ever again.
They may also come up with a new system where the DOS bulletin is only for USCIS use and we will file 485s based on another bulletin released by USCIS, which will be a more accurate reflection of what is happening inside USCIS.
more...
house cute friendship quotes
waiting4gc02
02-21 11:53 AM
Satish,
Did you see these updated today (2/21) ?
Where did you see that ??
Thanks
Did you see these updated today (2/21) ?
Where did you see that ??
Thanks
tattoo cute friendship quotes with

chanduv23
09-29 03:37 PM
Hope there are a few more approvals today and tomorrow before dates retrogress...
I would say "no hopes"
I would say "no hopes"
more...
pictures cute friendship sayings and
buehler
11-20 11:25 AM
Hmm interesting - I can smell CIR coffee brewing.
EB folks - brace for a bumpy ride
Secretaries are from the Executive Branch and are responsible for the execution of the laws and are not directly responsible for the creation of the laws. So we could expect Memos that are more favorable to us but I wouldn't hold my breath over CIR yet.
EB folks - brace for a bumpy ride
Secretaries are from the Executive Branch and are responsible for the execution of the laws and are not directly responsible for the creation of the laws. So we could expect Memos that are more favorable to us but I wouldn't hold my breath over CIR yet.
dresses friendship quotes wallpapers.
JDM
08-27 12:18 AM
bump^^^^^^^^^^^
more...
makeup dresses cute love quotes cute
obelix
03-02 11:38 AM
Looks like your PD is current. You might get your GC anytime. That is another factor I would consider if your GC gets approved before you get married.
Filing six months in advance seems to be a better idea.
Thanks for your input. I had incorrect information attached under my signature. I've not even started GC filing yet.
Filing six months in advance seems to be a better idea.
Thanks for your input. I had incorrect information attached under my signature. I've not even started GC filing yet.
girlfriend cute friendship quotes images
BEC_fog
07-04 12:13 PM
Could someone please post the article here?
hairstyles cute quotes and sayings about

ash27
04-02 04:35 PM
Could somebody please advice if contract work on W2 as a primary employment is ok?
TeddyKoochu
05-19 03:09 PM
I am not aginst the OP or generalizing the B1 abuse. I am stating my opinion of what could be the reason behind the denial. You know, now a days even people are getting 221g for the H4 stamping. It does not matter what visa you are going for, the US consulates just looking for a execuse to reject. Not only in India, there are lot of people getting 221g in Canada, and got stuck up there.
I agree with you that these days it is really hard to get any kind of visa the inherent intent is to deny. I also happen to know of acase first hand where H4 was denied (E-E Memo).
I agree with you that these days it is really hard to get any kind of visa the inherent intent is to deny. I also happen to know of acase first hand where H4 was denied (E-E Memo).
ilikekilo
06-07 04:16 PM
I agree 100% with jthomas above...moving from a secured job is not advisable in this market..I lived in Atlanta for a few years recently and can shed some light on the place..
Even if you have a secured job/contract, it would take a while to get into the new work environment and unless you are absolutely undisposable, you would be on the list of maybe's being a new-hire.
I will leave the job judgement upto you..
Regarding the place..
I moved from chicago to atlanta as well...the place is quite warm and not too hot like dallas...greener and more relaxed..
Again this depends on your job, dunwoody is a better place..it is in north suburbs..unlike chicago, you can drive downtown to work if you are working downtown...and also unlike chicago most companies in downtown have their own parking and you dont have to pay extra..
Rent is cheap..I used to rent a townhome in chicago suburbs for 1500$ and I can get a townhome in downtown atlanta for 1000$..you can calculate from that..
though I lived downtown atlanta for a while..i strongly suggest if you have family to avoid living in downtown..it is not safe and not a place for kids and family to relax and roam around...
I dont know how long you lived in chicago..but once you move you will definitely miss the vibrant life of chicago...atleast i did..lot of indian restaurants in atlanta but none of them are decent...
positives: weather, cost of living
negatives: avg. city life, lesser job opportunities(compared to chicago)
I am not sure which way my suggestions tilt above..just a disclaimer..i lived in chicago for ~6yrs and absoutely love the place...that might have clouded my judgement a bit..but you can take what suits you from it...
good luck and plan wisely!!
thanks for sharing ur insight..iam in Chicago, althought not right in downtown, I do agree with the vibrant nature of the city and people in it...cant beat the commute facilities too, downsides, yes, terrible terrible winters, high cost of living...etc..its JUne and it still low 50's..:)
Even if you have a secured job/contract, it would take a while to get into the new work environment and unless you are absolutely undisposable, you would be on the list of maybe's being a new-hire.
I will leave the job judgement upto you..
Regarding the place..
I moved from chicago to atlanta as well...the place is quite warm and not too hot like dallas...greener and more relaxed..
Again this depends on your job, dunwoody is a better place..it is in north suburbs..unlike chicago, you can drive downtown to work if you are working downtown...and also unlike chicago most companies in downtown have their own parking and you dont have to pay extra..
Rent is cheap..I used to rent a townhome in chicago suburbs for 1500$ and I can get a townhome in downtown atlanta for 1000$..you can calculate from that..
though I lived downtown atlanta for a while..i strongly suggest if you have family to avoid living in downtown..it is not safe and not a place for kids and family to relax and roam around...
I dont know how long you lived in chicago..but once you move you will definitely miss the vibrant life of chicago...atleast i did..lot of indian restaurants in atlanta but none of them are decent...
positives: weather, cost of living
negatives: avg. city life, lesser job opportunities(compared to chicago)
I am not sure which way my suggestions tilt above..just a disclaimer..i lived in chicago for ~6yrs and absoutely love the place...that might have clouded my judgement a bit..but you can take what suits you from it...
good luck and plan wisely!!
thanks for sharing ur insight..iam in Chicago, althought not right in downtown, I do agree with the vibrant nature of the city and people in it...cant beat the commute facilities too, downsides, yes, terrible terrible winters, high cost of living...etc..its JUne and it still low 50's..:)
No comments:
Post a Comment